From Mon 3 - Wed 5 February 2014
Prof. Alexia Muteke-Ceppi
Women in Leadership
- The financial success of a hotel is heavily dependent upon the planning which goes into it. This module will give you the insights on the critical steps and time-path of hotel opening phases covering the important aspects from feasibility; construction; operations planning & budget; recruitment & training to soft opening and full operations. As a customized process of Hotel Opening is complex,linking different parties (internal as well as external) and processes is crucial to a successful result. The roles and
responsibilities of each party will be explained as well as the tasks and functions of the pre-opening team covering from manpower planning to creating SOP’s and defining the
activities for all departments; operational as well as non-operational.
Participants will learn about the processes within the
construction and FF&E phase which are known to have
typical complications and are high risk areas through
lecture-discussions, individual and team exercises.
By the end of the Module, participants will be able to:
• Explain the critical path of a Hotel pre-opening and
• Assess the progress of each party that is involved.
• Understand the roles and the importance of each party
involved and their effect on the ultimate success of the hotel.
• Explain the importance of all aspects of planning and
budgeting in a hotel opening phase.
• Be able to outline a project schedule.
• Analyse the risk factors during each phase of the planning process.
• Value the diversity of work of all parties involved.
• Enjoy the success of a successful hotel opening.
Interactive lecture-discussions, Case studies & Practical exercises
Managers, Executives and Professionals interested and
involved in Hotel Opening Projects.