Prof. Ines Klemm
Emotional Branding & Design
- USD 1,225 / AED 4,500 Per Participant
Everything has a colour. Colour is key to personal, emotional & customer experiences & reaches far beyond art & the decoration of space. It is connected to deeply embedded themes & patterns, either on evolutionary, cultural, or personal level through which it impacts well-being, health, & decision-making in essential ways, not least because vision has replaced odour as the most essential sense for survival. What is most striking is that colour meaning is often ignored in Western design although it provides an invaluable source for informed design decisions, which are genuinely independent from subjective taste or contemporary fashion trends.
This three-day Module will address keys of colour in communication:
• Recognizing the meaning of colour on an evolutionary, cultural & personal level
• Differentiating between physical & emotional dimensions of colour
• Instrumentalising colour in branding, design & communication
By the end of the Module, participants will be able to:
• Understand colour in relation to body, memory, & perception
• Identify the meaning of colours and their energetic profiles
• Examine the differences of colour meaning and application in Orient & Occident
• Develop colour schemes with a predictable emotional response
• Apply the principles of colour energy in branding and design
• Control comfort, well-being and perception of a product, space, or brand
• See the opportunity to use colour
• Be prepared to see the world in more predictable ways through colour.
Interactive discussions & participative exercises. Opportunities for reflection & expression.
• Hospitality, brand, & design managers
• Individuals interested in improving their sensorial skills & understanding the predictability & meaning of colour.